About the Shoe Drive:
Our 2021 Shoe Drive program runs from April 1 to June 30, 2021. Individuals, businesses and organizations across the Midlands are encouraged to help us collect gently worn, new and used shoes of any style and size by dropping off shoes at one of the many collection locations or by hosting a shoe collection site.
Our Annual Shoe Drive diverts shoes from our landfills. We partner with Funds2 Orgs which sends the shoes to entrepreneurs in developing countries to establish micro-enterprises.
Where to Drop Off Your Shoes
- Our Keep the Midlands Beautiful Office
- 1305 Augusta Rd, West Columbia, SC 29169
- Place shoes in the roll cart labeled for shoe collection on the covered front porch at your convenience.
- The State Museum
- 301 Gervais St., Columbia, 29201
- Go to http://scmuseum.org/ or call (803) 898-4921 for additional information.
- The Greater Cayce-West Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- 1006 12th St, Cayce, SC 29033
- Go to https://www.cwcchamber.com/ or call (803) 794-6504 for additional information.
- Three Lexington County Collection and Recycling Centers:
By collecting gently-worn shoes and shipping them to communities in developing countries, KMB is able to divert thousands of pairs of shoes from area landfills.
We believe it is imperative to nurture and preserve our environment in order to create a sustainable future. One aspect of our mission is to increase and improve recycling in South Carolina.
Do You Want to Serve As a Collection Site?
Many churches and businesses also collect them from their members and employees. If you would like to promote the Shoe Drive and serve as a shoe collection location, please contact: email@example.com and let us know if you need a 95-gallon roll cart to collect or store donated shoes!
- Pick up your collection bin at our office: 1305 Augusta Road, West Columbia, SC 29169.
- KMB will supply you with signs, stickers, rubber bands and clear plastic bags. Click here for a PDF of our flyer.
- Roll cart delivery is available if you do not have a truck.
- When your boxes or roll cart is full, drop off at KMB or we'll arrange for pick up.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Because this is a volunteer-driven program, we like to encourage businesses and organizations with Shoe Drive bins to bind the shoes together either at the laces or with a rubber band.
- After ensuring the shoes are properly joined, it’s time to start packing them! Please put only 25 pairs of shoes in each bag.
- If you have less than 25 pairs of shoes in the bag, please place a label on the bag that states how many pairs of shoes are inside.
- After bagging your paired shoes, be sure to tie off the bags.
Collecting Shoes on a Smaller Scale:
If you would like to do a small-scale collection at your home or small business, we will happily provide you with plastic bags and rubber bands for you to collect shoes at your home, small business, or even your dorm!
The same guidelines apply for personal shoe collection:
- Please make sure that all shoes are in gently-used, wearable condition; that they are connected by the laces or by a rubber band; and that there are no more than 25 pairs per bag.
- If you have less than 25 pairs to a bag, we will still take your shoes! Don't be discouraged if you aren't able to come up with 25 pairs. Any amount of shoes makes a difference, and we will happily accept them.
What Kind of Shoes Are Accepted?
We accept all styles and sizes of gently-worn, used (or new!) shoes during the Shoe Drive! Shoes should be clean and free of holes, with soles intact. As a general rule of thumb, if the shoes are not something you would lend to a friend or family member, it is not suitable for the Shoe Drive. Please ensure that they are in good, wearable condition.
The core of the Funds2Orgs Group business model is shoe drive fundraisers. The other components are to provide an economic opportunity for micro-entrepreneurs in developing nations and to help the environment by repurposing shoes. The Funds2Orgs Group helps nonprofits raise money with creative fundraising ideas, without asking for money or selling anything.
We need your help!
We rely on our volunteers to make our programs a success. Please consider borrowing a bin and serving as a collection site. If you would like additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 733-1139.