The Keep America Beautiful® Great American Cleanup® is the nation’s largest community improvement program, which takes place annually in an estimated 15,000 communities nationwide.
Keep the Midlands Beautiful is pleased to announce the Great American Cleanup 2020 has been rescheduled for June 1 – Oct. 18
KMB wants to inspire Midlands citizens, neighborhood organizations, service groups, and businesses to participate in Great American Cleanup 2020 and invest in their communities and abate litter.
Here’s how to plan a cleanup of your neighborhood, a local waterway, an island, or another area in your community:
- Designate a group leader.
- Register your pickup or call 803.733.1139 or email Keep the Midlands Beautiful at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your cleanup.
- Keep the Midlands Beautiful will provide gloves, garbage bags, vests if needed, PPE, and litter grabbers. We can also provide water for volunteers.
- Group leaders are asked to file a report after the cleanup with the number of volunteers, number of bags of trash collected, and number of hours worked.
Contact KMB to grab a bucket, litter grabber and gloves then pick up litter in your community. Join us by picking up one bucket of litter in your neighborhood, park, etc. Then put that litter in your trash or recycling bin. Date and sign the bucket with a permanent marker and pass it on to someone else who wants to join the challenge. Feel free to send us a photo or post a photo of you holding the bucket full of litter using #GrabABucketSC. Don’t forget to report your pickup to us.
Upcoming Recycling Drop-off Events
- Richland County Residents: Saturday, August 15th at Columbia Mall Click the photo for a PDF or Click here for more information
- Lexington County Residents: Saturday, August 29 at Batesburg-Leesville High School from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. More Information
- Richland AND Lexington County Residents: Saturday, October 3 at Irmo High School from 8a.m. to Noon More Information