Lakeside Litter Sweep @ Lake Murray! Thank you to our volunteers!
Thank you to all of our volunteers for joining the KMB team for our cleanup on the shorelines and islands of Lake Murray! Thank you to Ken Jones with Aquafun and Fifty Fifty Watersports for helping us to transport volunteers! Thank you to Tony Rametta of Rusty Anchor and Catfish Johnny's for providing volunteers with lunch.
Stay tuned for prizes to be awarded for oldest volunteer, youngest volunteer, most bags of litter collected by one person, most bags of recyclables collected by one person, and most unusual item found!
Thank you to our partner check-in locations:
- Lake Murray Marina, South Shore Marina, Big Man's Marina, and Dreher Island State Park
...as well as additional boat ramps who allowed free boat launch for volunteers:
- Jake's Landing and Hollow Creek Marina
KMB Thanks the Following Businesses
...for donating prizes worth more than $1,700 for volunteers who helped with the 2021 Lakeside Litter Sweep.
2021 Recycling Drop-off Events
Richland and Lexington County Residents
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union, Camden. Paper shredding only. Learn more here.
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Palmetto Federal Credit Union, Lexington. Paper shredding only. Learn more here.
- Saturday, October 16 (NEW DATE), 2021, 8 a.m. -noon @ Irmo High School. Multiple materials. 1,000+ cars expected. Learn more here.
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Palmetto Federal Credit Union, Clemson Rd.. Paper shredding only. Learn more here.
Richland County Residents ONLY:
- Saturday, November 13, 2021, 8 a.m. to noon @ Columbia Place Mall (7201 Two Notch Rd.). Watch this space for more information.
Lexington County Residents ONLY:
- Click this link for the SUMMER 2021 Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Drop-Off Schedule
- Saturday, August 21 @ EcoFlo
- Click this link for the FALL 2021 Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Drop-off Schedule
- Saturday, September 25 @ Chapin Collection and Recycling Center
- Saturday, October 23 @ EcoFlo
- Saturday, November 20 @ EcoFlo
- Contact Laura Anne Hunt, Lexington County Recycling Coordinator, at 803-785-3340 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.