How to Participate in the Adopt-A-Street Program for the City of Columbia
1. Gather an interested and enthusiastic group who is willing to adopt a city street and be responsible for picking up litter along its right-of-way three times a year for a two year period.
2. Select a street in the City of Columbia to adopt. To see if a street you are interested in adopting is available, click on the street list. AAS groups are highlighted in bold. (You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this list. To download the Reader for free, click here.)
If the street you are interested in adopting is listed, please email or call (803.733.1139) to confirm it is available. On rare occasions, the street may have been adopted but not yet updated on the list.
If the street you are interested in adopting is NOT listed, please contact Keep the Midlands Beautiful to discuss possible options.
3. Complete the Adopt-A-Street Agreement form below after you have selected your road and confirmed that it's available. Mail the completed form to: Keep the Midlands Beautiful, 1305 Augusta Rd, West Columbia, SC 29169 or email to email@example.com.
4. You will receive further instructions from Keep the Midlands Beautiful once we receive and process your agreement form.
5. Your designated group leader must attend an official safety training session before your group can participate in your first pickup. Keep the Midlands Beautiful holds safety training sessions before each pickup. At the training session, safety precautions will be discussed and trash bags and safety vests will be distributed. These supplies will be provided to each group free of charge.
6. The group leader will receive quarterly updates and information about the AAS program through KMB's electronic newsletter, Road Reader.