APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON: NOV 30th, 2020
Keep the Midlands Beautiful is seeking a new Executive Director!
For a PDF or printable version of this information please click here
Job Description: Keep the Midlands Beautiful Executive Director
Location: West Columbia, SC
Keep the Midlands Beautiful seeks an innovative, visionary leader who will focus on our growing initiatives and programs. The Executive Director will maintain strong relationships with our stakeholders, community partners and business leaders. The Executive Director is a creative problem-solver who will work with the Board of Directors to develop strategic plans for growth and sustainability; is an effective communicator and team-builder; is committed to expanding and promoting our programs and educating our citizens. The Executive Director must be organized, decisive, and adaptable to change; versed in environmental and non-profit regulations and a strong advocate for recycling and beautification. The Executive Director is the key leader of the organization and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, funding, reporting, and strategic direction of the organization. Other primary duties must include fundraising, membership oversight, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1. Develop and implement strategic plans that fulfill the organizations mission by meeting business goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
2. Responsible for strengthening relationships and engaging thoughtful leaders and partners in the area of litter prevention, recycling and beautification, local and state government, business leaders, and the community.
3. Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization. Responsible for all licensing, insurance policies and non-profit tax compliance.
4. Maintain good standing with Keep America Beautiful.
5. Maintain detailed reports and records for grants and programs.
6. Responsible for maintenance of buildings, vehicles, and office equipment.
7. Create a culture of teamwork, transparency and communication throughout the organization.
8. Responsible for the employment, assignment, training, supervision, and evaluation of all staff.
9. Works with the Board of Directors to develop the annual budget, compensation policies and insures adequate compensation and benefits are provided to staff and work study interns.
Financial Performance and Viability:
1. Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
2. Responsible for all aspects of fiscal management and the fiscal integrity of Keep the Midlands Beautiful, to include submission of a proposed annual budget, which is currently in the range of $330,000, and bi-monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization to the Board of Directors.
3. Responsible for operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintaining a positive financial position for the organization.
Resource and Funding Development:
1. Responsible for cultivating relationships among individuals, businesses, corporations, foundations and governments, including elected officials, to ensure fundraising goals are met.
2. Responsible for developing other resources necessary to support Keep the Midlands Beautiful mission including but not limited to collaborations with other community organizations and grant writing.
Public Relations and Marketing:
1. Responsible for the public image of the organization including social media, broadcast media and internet presence.
2. The Executive Director is the key liaison between the local municipalities and county governments.
3. The Executive Director oversees the production and delivery of all print, electronic publications, including flyers, brochures, newsletters, websites, PSA and other promotional materials.
4. Solicit media coverage of Keep the Midlands Beautiful activities and events.
Skills & Requirements:
1. Previous experience in a senior leadership role
2. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
3. Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics
4. Experience in working with non-profit organizations
5. Experience in grant writing and reporting
6. Possess excellent verbal, written and professional skills. Must be a champion at conveying our mission
7. College degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 4 years in a management position(s).
8. Must be proficient with Mac systems, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with WordPress and Google suite a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits available after 6 months of hire.
• Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will close November 30th, 2020.
• No phone calls, please