The Midlands Green Business program is a partnership between the City of Columbia, Lexington County, Richland County and Keep the Midlands Beautiful. This program is designed to recognize businesses who adopt sustainable and eco-friendly business practices, thus keeping our community cleaner, greener and making it a more beautiful place to live.
Midlands Green Business Program Overview:
Green Business members receive:
- Listing and link to your business’ website on Midlands Green Biz website
- Special Green Business decal to display in your workplace window
- Complimentary invitations and/or discounts to workshops, conferences and other events
It’s easy for your business or workplace to be recognized as a Green Business!
- Begin by establishing a workplace “Green Team.” It can be a group of people or it can just be one person. You decide!
- Complete and submit a Green Business Application.
- Your Green Business Partner will be contacting you to review the application.
- Recognizing your business upon approval.
- Renew Annually
If you are interested in being a member or renewing please fill out the application.
July 28th- Green Business Breakfast at SCE&G. Please register here.
October 27th- Green Business Breakfast at Columbia Metropolitan Airport. More info to come.
Here are your county contacts:
City of Columbia
Mary Pat Baldauf– Sustainability
Shirley Martin– Recycling Coordinator