The Midlands Green Business program is a partnership between the City of Columbia, Lexington County, Richland County and Keep the Midlands Beautiful. This program is designed to recognize businesses who adopt sustainable and eco-friendly business practices, thus keeping our community cleaner, greener and making it a more beautiful place to live.
The Benefits of Green Business Membership:
- Access to sustainable mentors
- Green Business workshops and networking events
- Green Business promotional opportunities
- Listing and link on Midlands Green Business website
- Membership seal for office or building
Why should my business go green?
Being more sustainable allows you to:
- Protect the environment
- Showcase your organization’s corporate social responsibility
- Lower operating costs
- Appeal to new customers
- Take advantage of tax breaks and financial incentives
Eligible Businesses & Organizations
- Any organization that adopts sustainable/eco-friendly practices
- Any business located within the City of Columbia, Lexington County, Richland County
- Any size or type organization including service, merchandising, manufacturing, home-based and non-profit
It’s easy for your business or workplace to be recognized as a Green Business!
- Begin by establishing a workplace “Green Team.” It can be a group of people or it can just be one person. You decide!
- Use the Green Business Help Sheet for suggestions for this and future years
- Upon approval, participants will be notified.
Midlands Green Business certification is based on a checklist of activities in four primary categories:
- Pollution prevention and air quality
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Energy conservation
- Water conservation
How can my organization become a Green Business Member?
Complete the application.
Once approved, your business name and link to your website will be posted on the Midlands Green Business website and your name will be added to our contact list for events and other opportunities.
October 27th- Green Business Breakfast at Columbia Metropolitan Airport. Click here to register.
Here are your contacts:
City of Columbia
Mary Pat Baldauf– Sustainability
Keep the Midlands Beautiful:
Lauren Robinson-Environmental Assistant